New Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian 3 Continent Fares
If you’ve wanted to travel around the world, the Lufthansa, SWISS or Austrian Global Fares have been the most popular options since we were founded in 2008. In fact, we’ve sold over $70 million of these fantastic 3 continent deals, representing about 1 in every 2 bookings we’ve made. Over the last 10 years these fares have periodically been updated as airlines have changed their contracts to use new airlines to/from Australia, amend routing options, or allow more combinations. From November 2018 there has been some major changes to these airfares.
Here’s a recap of some of the latest changes:
- Streamlined stopover choice To focus on delivering cheaper and more inclusive airfares for the most popular route options, the stopover options on these fares have been streamlined. Some cities which were not attracting significant demand have been removed, including Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam, Bogota, Cancun, Havana, San Jose, Panama City, Mauritius, Maldives and Phuket.
- Inclusion of internal flights in North America Flights on United or Air Canada, between the Lufthansa port and the Australian gateway city [e.g. NYC-LA/San Francisco] are now included in these airfares, representing an additional value add of $200-350 in economy class and $1000-1500 in business class.
- 12 months travel time Previously travel on these sale fares needed to be completed within 3 months, you now have a full 12 months to complete your travel.
- Qantas is now permitted across the Pacific in all classes Where available Qantas flights are now permitted across the Pacific without adding a premium to the airfare, resulting in a saving of $175 in economy class, $1200 in premium economy and $1600 in business class.
- Addition of LATAM to South America Flights with LATAM can now be used between Melbourne/Sydney and Santiago.
- Inclusion of internal flights in South America Flights between Santiago and Buenos Aires/Brazil can now be included in the fare.
- Removal of some Air New Zealand flights Air New Zealand direct services to/from North America or Buenos Aires have been removed from the fare.
- Inclusion of internal flights in South Africa When including South Africa in your trip, flights between Johannesburg and Cape Town can be included when routing via Africa to/from Europe.
These fares can be combined to make the most of the Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian networks, which along with these new amendments makes them some of the most versatile multi continent airfares on the market. For example, you can use the SWISS fare from Australia-Asia-Europe and then the Lufthansa deal from Europe-North America-Australia. You can also change your travel class at the midway point of your journey, allowing you to travel in premium economy for half the trip and business class for the remainder.
Rest assured our expert round the world airfare consultants will always ensure you get the most out of these deals, inquire with your preferred trip and we’ll help tailor things accordingly to deliver the best value every time.